More Traveling Tips
- If you live near a port and don't have to worry about excessive last minute airline cost, you can also get some great last minute sailing deals.
- If you enjoy just the cruise experience, but not so much the different ports of call, you might want to consider a repositioning cruise. They start at one port and end up at another, with some ports along the way.
- One suggestion is to not travel alone. Cabins are priced as double occupancy. Some of the newer ships do offer cabins for singles.
Cabin Choices on Board
- Inside Cabins: No window on some ships, but on some ships the room overlooks the promenade.
- Outside Cabins: Has a window.
- Balcony Cabins: Nice view, overlooking the ocean, most popular.
- Suites: Best type of room you can get on the cruise, if it's within your budget.
Helpful Cruising Tips
- Don't plan on early boarding! The cruise line has to clear customs, get the passengers off and clean the entire ship. They may not start boarding until 11am or a little later.
- Be prepared when you board the ship by having your boarding documents, passport and credit card ready at check in!